|Material||100% Bamboo Silk|
|Products rug type||rectangular|
|Flammability||Bamboo / Viscose|
|Backing||No backing (a rug pad is recommended)|
|Lead Time (inherited)||10-12 weeks|
|Show Gallery First Image||No|
Glam greyID: 57065
Colors Specs Material
- Handloom knotted in 100% Bamboo Silk
- $39 per square foot
- Custom made in 10-12 weeks
- Suitable for residential and low traffic areas only. Do not use with caster chairs. Movable furniture can cause damage.
- Samples currently not available
Product Name + Color: Glam grey
Product ID: 57065
Material: 100% Bamboo Silk
Construction: Handloom knotted
Surface: Cut pile
Height: 1 cm
Weight: 4000 gram / m²
Max Width: 600 cm
Max Length: 1500 cm
Max Diameter: 400 cm
Edge Finish: None
Backing: Cotton backing
Size Variation: +/- 5%
Color Accuracy: This product is hand dyed. Color deviations can occur
Application: area rug, wall to wall carpet
Country of Origin: India
Suitable for residential and low traffic areas only. Do not use with caster chairs. Movable furniture can cause damage.
to be confirmed
No illegal substances such as carcinogenic colourants are used in this product., Azo-free dyes
Certified by Cair & Fair
2 years. See Terms and Conditions for more information.
Vacuum or brush lightly to remove surface dust. Wet spills should be removed gently with a dry cloth. Avoid aggressive rubbing. Professional dry cleaning is recommended. Do not use a vacuum cleaner with a brush roll or beater bar.
Bamboo Silk – In Touch With Nature
Bamboo is an extraordinary plant. It is one of the fastest growing plants on earth that does not need replanting and thanks to its incredible resistance this multi-purpose plant does not require the use of pesticides or fertilizers. As a rapidly renewable resource with minimal environmental impact, bamboo has won the hearts of environmentally conscious consumers all over the world.
There are about 1,000 species of bamboo that grow throughout our beautiful planet earth. It can be found in China, Vietnam, Japan, India, Central America, South America, South Africa, and the north of Australia. Thanks to its contribution to a sustainable world, bamboo is becoming increasingly popular in the textile and furniture industry, as well as in architecture. According to the Vietnamese architect Vo Trong Nghia, bamboo is the "green steel of the 21st century." Indeed, bamboo's tensile strength is even greater than steel, and yet the plant is environmentally friendly and aesthetically pleasing.
When it comes to bamboo fiber, it is the future's favorite string. It is a natural textile made from the pulp of the bamboo grass. Bamboo fabric, or Bamboo Silk, as it is commonly called, is light, naturally smooth and exceptionally soft to the touch, almost like silk. It is also very strong and extremely resilient and durable. But that's not all. It is naturally hypoallergenic, moisture-absorbent and has excellent thermal properties. Being resilient and quick drying, it is very easy to clean and maintain goods made from bamboo fibers.
In Asian countries, bamboo fiber has long been used in clothing and flooring. It is durable and all natural. It looks and feels like silk but it's less costly than silk. Besides its many intrinsic qualities, fabrics made from bamboo fiber have also a distinctive aesthetic value. For those who want to give their home a natural and elegant, even extravagant look, they may do so by adding a bamboo carpet in their interior. Bamboo simply improves the quality of everyday life in so many ways and that is why it is highly sought after.
- Bamboo is 100% naturally grown
- It is one of the world's fastest growing plants; certain species of bamboo can grow almost 1 meter a day
- It is completely biodegradable
- It doesn't need replanting nor requires any use of pesticides or fertilizers; as such, bamboo has incredible health and environmental benefits
- It is a multi-purpose plant
- It is light but strong
- It is elastic and durable
- It is aesthetically pleasing
- Bamboo fiber has irresistible softness and naturally breathes well
- It looks and feels like silk but it's less costly than silk
- It is naturally hypoallergenic, therefore perfect for sensitive skin
- It is highly water absorbent, able to take up to three times its weight in water
- Bamboo fiber has excellent thermal properties
- It is quick drying and very easy to clean and maintain